1. OUR SOUTHDOWN SHAW SITE remains CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. RE-OPENING OF THE SITE WILL BE ADVISED HERE.
2. YOUR COMMITTEE is planning to ORGANISE AN AGM in APRIL 2022. Further details will be provided here.
3. WE NOW HAVE ACCESS to digital copies of "THE ALLOTMENT & LEISURE GARDENER", published quarterly by the National Allotments Society. AN Appropriate Link for downloading the most recent copy will be provided in our OCCASIONAL newsletter.
4. every 3 metre square on the planet has been given a unique combination of three words. The "what3words" COMBINATION FOR our front Gate is "SHELL.LATTER.SHAKES". IN PRINCIPLE, EMERGENCY SERVICES, in particular, will IMMEDIATELY KNOW where to come iF alerted to an on-site emergency using THE unique locator for our front gate.
SINCE THE "WHAT3WORDS" GRID's resolution IS 3 metre square, individual plots will also have their own locator. PLOT HOLDERS CAN FIND the LOCATOR foir their PLOT AT: what3words.com.
5. OUR MANURE PILE HAS RECENTLY BEEN REPLENISHED.
6. WELCOME TO SEVERAL NEW MEMBERS OF OUR COMMUNITY.
Known as Southdown Shaw, the allotments are situated in a beautiful rural location by the A227, Wrotham Road, Meopham, Kent at the junction with Park Hill.
There are 164 plots each of approximately 6 rods each.
The annual rent is £35 including water plus a one off non-returnable £10 joining fee.
For National Society of Allotments and Leisure Gardener advice on Coronavirus Covid-19 click here