1. WELCOME to our new plotholders!
PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PAGES AND LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY HELP by going to the 'CONTACT THE ASSOCIATION' PAGE.
2. THE SOUTHDOWN SHAW SITE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. RE-OPENING OF THE SITE WILL BE ADVISED HERE.
3. AN 'OPEn STORE' has been erected near the front gate. This is for plot holders to 'UPCYCLE' UNWANTED seeds, pots, excess produce and equipment.
4. WE HAVE a long waiting list for plots and we have decided not to accept any more applications for the rest of 2021.
5. THE committee has been made aware that our horse manure may be contaminated with the herbicide aminopyralid. this causes GROWTH problems for some crops, notably potatoes.
PLOT Holders are advised to delay spreading and digging in MANURE until the end of the main growing season.
AS we have a long waiting list, we are not accepting any PLOT applications from GRAVESHAM BOROUGH residents UNTIL 2022
Known as Southdown Shaw, the allotments are situated in a beautiful rural location by the A227, Wrotham Road, Meopham, Kent at the junction with Park Hill.
There are 164 plots each of approximately 6 rods each.
The annual rent is £35 including water plus a one off non-returnable £10 joining fee.
For National Society of Allotments and Leisure Gardener advice on Coronavirus Covid-19 click here